Recipe Category: Food
Cooking time: 1 hour
Cooking Process: Boiling
Recipe Yield: 10 and more Nutrition
According to the natives of Igbo-Ora, it's believed that the delicacy, when taken with yam or cassava fufu, will guarantee a woman giving birth to twins. Hilarious!
Locust beans (Iru)
Okra leaves (tenderly plucked, though)
Salt and seasoning cubes
"Water from the south-west"
"Ata obe din din" stew
1. Separate and wash the pieces of smoked fish.
2. Fill-up a pot with 4 full cups of "water drawn from the south-western part of Nigeria" and boil. After boiling, add the potash and locust beans to it.
3. While the mixture boils, tenderly pluck the okra leaves. In the process of plucking the okra leaves, ensures you don't pull directly from the stem but allow little space between the stem and leaf before pulling. Then, gather the plucked leaves and slice.
4. Add the okra leaves into the soup mixture, and use your 'ewedu' broom to mix, the same way you would mix ewedu.
5. After this is done, add the grounded egusi and allow to boil for a while, before mixing. Or else, the Egusi will not set.
6. Futhermore, add a tablespoon full of palm oil, add salt and seasoning cubes, as well.
At the end, your soup should draw just like ewedu soup. Put your stew along with it, and your Ilasa soup is ready to be served with eba, amala or pounded yam.
I'm quite sure, you'll come back to testify, and appreciate me!
I hope you got value from this article? If so, share to friends and family.
Oduse David is a Digital Journalist that writes content based on national and social issues.
Content created and supplied by: OduseDavid (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More