Looking for a meal your kids will love and never get tired of? Couscous to the rescue! Just like your regular pasta but with a big difference. Couscous is a pasta made of crushed and steamed semolina and is loved by kids due to its delicious and yummy taste! It can be eaten by every member of the family and of course, is very healthy. Here's how to prepare delicious and tasty Couscous
• Couscous (The golden penny brand can be gotten in any store)
• Vegetables of all kinds (Carrots, green pepper, spring onions, sweet corn....)
• Vegetable oil
• Finely chopped garlic and ginger (You can also use the powder)
• Sliced Onion
• Chicken stock
• Seasoning cubes
• Heat oil in a large frying pan and add sliced onions. Leave to fry
• Add chopped garlic and ginger and all the vegetables...stir and leave for 1 minute
• Take out some of the vegetables and keep aside
• Add couscous, and pour in stock
• Stir, cover tightly with foil and the lid, leave for 5 minutes to cook on low heat. Or till the couscous has absorbed all the stock and is soft
• Use a fork to fluff up the couscous and add second batch of stir fry vegetables
• Your delicious Couscous is ready!
Couscous is just like rice, you can make it the jollof way, fried rice way or even native jollof rice way.
Kindly follow us for more yummy recipes and don't forget to like and share!
Content created and supplied by: FoodNation (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More