10 reasons you should start eating African pear (ube).
African pear commonly known as ube in Nigeria is an edible fruit loved by many Nigerians especially those from the eastern part of the country. It is mostly eaten with corn. However, a lot of people are not aware of it's amazing health benefits. If you have not eaten African pear before, below are 10 reasons you should start eating it.
1. African pear helps to lower high blood pressure, and it also reduces your risk of stroke.
2. It helps to boost the immune system thereby helping you to fight infections.
3. African pear is loaded with palmitic and oleic acid that help in atherosclerosis (hardened arteries) treatment.
4. It may help prevent some forms of cancer.
5. Helps to lower bad cholesterol in the body due to its high content of pectin.
6. African pear is very good for pregnant women because it contains folic acid.
7. Helps to prevent mouth odor by reducing harmful bacteria in the mouth.
8. African pear is loaded with lots of vitamins and minerals which help to control blood sugar levels.
10. It is a good source of fatty acid and essential amino acid.
Take advantage of this fruit now that it is in season.
Content created and supplied by: Charieeva (via Opera News )