There are many types of foods and each of these foods have different cooking methods. Some foods like fried foods are considered to be oily foods because, they contain significant amount of oil.
Many people eat oily foods and while there is nothing wrong with eating oily foods occasionally but, eating it regularly is a good way to buildup cholesterol in your body, and add weight. Foods like; pizza, fried foods, burger are packed with saturated fats and trans fats which are harmful to the body.
However, to reduce the effects these oily foods can have in the body, there are certain things that you should do after eating such foods.
Image: Food NDTV
Here Are Five Things You Should Do After Eating Oily Foods
1. Drink Warm Water: studies have shown that, drinking lukewarm water activates the digestive system and makes it proactive.
When the digestive system is activated and proactive, it helps to break down nutritents into smaller and softer forms which makes it easier for the body to absorb the nutritents.
2. Eat Vegetables Or Fruits: it is common knowledge that, fruits and vegetables are very good for the health but what many might not know it is that, eating fruits or, vegetables after an oily meal introduces fiber to your body which helps to prevent constipation.
It also gives your body the nutritents it need and prevents your body from accumulating fats.
3. Go For a Walk: walking is a great form of exercising. Studies have shown that, walking after eating an oily meal helps the stomach to handle the food better and digest it properly.
Also, walking will help the body to burn out some of the fat contained in the oily food thereby, preventing weight gain and keeping you healthy. It is important to walk for at least 30 minutes after having an oily food.
Image: FirstCry Parenting
4. Sleep: sleeping is very important to the body and the health because, it helps to repair, rejuvenate, relaxes and refresh the body.
According to Times Of India, it is important to have a good sleep after eating oily foods. But it is important to note that you should only go to bed at least 45 minutes after eating.
5. Eat Light Foods During Your Next Meal: according to experts after eating an oily food it is best to skip the next meal however, if you cannot skip the next meal, then it is best to eat something light.
Light foods like whole grain meals, and vegetables are the best options of foods after eating an oily meal.
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More