Cake is a form of sweet food made from flour, sugar, and other ingredients, that is usually baked. In their oldest forms, cakes were modifications of bread, but cakes now cover a wide range of preparations that can be simple or elaborate, and that share features with other desserts such as pastries, meringues, custards, and pies.
Below are the Ingredients needed for cake production:
1) 4 cups (500g) All Purpose Flour
2) 12 Eggs(depending on the quantity of your flour)
3) 4 sticks (500g) Butter (NOT Margarine)
4) 400g (2 cups) Granulated Sugar
5) 3 teaspoons baking powder
6) 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
7) ½ cup brandy
The following are the minimal tools you'll need to bake a Nigerian delicious Cake:
1) An oven with a top and down heating capability is best
2) Cake mixer.
3) Kitchen scale
4) Sieve or Sifter
5) Egg Whisk.
9) Cake Pan: 10 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches deep
1) Preheat the oven. Before you start preparing the batter, make sure that the oven is well preheated at 180°C.
2) Prepare all the required ingredients. Prepare all the ingredients before making the batter. If you have chosen to use chocolate, make sure you melt it well before using it. To melt the chocolate, you can use the microwave or a saucepan on the stovetop.
3) Mix all the dry ingredients. Measure all the dry ingredients correctly and mix them well in a bowl.
4) Add the milk, eggs, butter, oil, and vanilla essence. Mix all these ingredients into the dry mixture.
5) Add water. Add hot boiling water and mix until smooth.
6) Put batter in pan. Divide your batter and put it on 2 round cake pans. If you are using a rectangular or Bundt pan, you can add all the batter.
7) Baking process. Remember, we have been preheating the oven, and therefore the temperature is ready as required. You should bake your cake at 350°F(180°C).
8) How long does a cake take to bake? The standard time required to bake a cake is 20-30 minutes. However, the time may vary depending on different types of oven.
9) As a beginner, it can be challenging to tell whether the cake is ready. What you need to do is insert a toothpick in the cake; if it comes out clean, your cake is done, if not, you need to leave it in the oven for about 5 to 10 more minutes.
10) Cool and Decorate/Refrigerate Once you are sure that the cake is done, bring it out of the oven and leave it alone for only 5 minutes then take out the sides of the pan. Then leave to cool down completely before decorating the cake.You can also cut it up in desirable sizes and store in the freezer.
Content created and supplied by: Olaphilip7 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More