Chin Chin is a very crunchy, milky, and creamy all-time favorite snack -it tastes so good, it is a scrumptious fried pastry made in various ways. In Nigeria Chin Chin originally was prepared for special occasions. It has evolved from a special occasion food to being a snack food, sold on street corners, kiosks, and supermarkets.
· 4 cups 500 grams all-Purpose flour
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1- teaspoon grated nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
· 1/6 cup or 6 tablespoons margarine/butter
· 3 large egg
· 3 tins of milk
· Oil for frying
1. Using a mixer or by hand mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and lime zest.
2. Add the butter to the flour and mix well until the butter is well incorporated into the flour.
3. Add milk and egg to the mixture. Keep mixing until you have formed a sticky dough ball.
4. Dump the dough ball onto a floured surface and knead, incorporating more flour into the dough as needed, until the dough is smooth, elastic, and even in color, and no longer sticky. Chin chin can be cut into many shapes and sizes.
5. Divide dough in half. On a floured board roll each half about 1/6 inches thick. Just like linguine or fettuccine. You can make it easy by using a pasta machine if you have one available. Make shapes as desired.
6. Add oil (about 3 inches deep) to a heated skillet/saucepan or my all-time favorite Dutch oven that is over medium heat and brings it to 375 degrees.
7. Fry in hot oil until golden. Remove from oil, drain, and serve. You can store this in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Content created and supplied by: Glorstin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More