Carefully remove the chicken from the cooking bag, portion and serve with creamy spinach
POLOKWANE – This dish is perfect if you’re looking for a scrumptious Sunday roast.
What’s for Dinner suggests using any leftover roast chicken to create a wholesome chicken and roasted vegetable pasta dish the following evening that the whole family will love.
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place the whole chicken into the Roasting bag and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180°C for 65 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- For a crispier skin, open the bag 15 minutes before the end of cooking
- While the chicken is cooking begin to prepare the creamy spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool
- Squeeze as much water out of the spinach as possible and set aside
- Heat the margarine in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft but with no colour
- Stir in the cream cheese, milk and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot until smooth and melted
- Stir in the spinach then allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mixture thickens
- Carefully remove the chicken from the cooking bag, portion and serve with creamy spinach
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More