Coconut Candy is one of the favorite snacks in Nigeria. It is a sweet snack that can be gotten in most parts of the country. Coconut Candy is really a yummy snack such that you will always crave for more. It is made with Coconut. You can take Coconut candy with Garri, Pap, etc. You can even eat it alone with a chilled drink. In this article, we will be discussing the procedure of making a sweet Coconut candy at the comfort of your home.
Coconut- Big size
Sugar- ½ cup
Salt- ¼ teaspoon
1. Remove the coconut from its shell, that is, the hard surface.
2. Grate the coconut using the medium part of the grater. Make sure the Coconut flakes is not too tiny.
3. Turn On your cooker into a moderate heat, place your frying pan and pour the grated Coconut, add half cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt, then mix together. Note that it is your desired level of sweetness of the Coconut Candy that will determine the quantity of sugar you will put.
4. Make sure you stir the coconut flakes while frying so that it won’t get burnt.
5. It will get to a time when the Coconut flakes will turn brown, reduce the cooker to a low heat and continue to stir.
6. When you see that the fried Coconut flakes is golden brown, that means you are done with preparing your Coconut Candy.
7. You can leave to cool for some minutes. Then your Coconut Candy is ready for consumption.
Do you find this article helpful?
Drop your reactions under the comment section.
Follow for more recipes. Please Like and Share this post. Thanks
Photo Credit: Instagram
Content created and supplied by: JummyTheSmartGirl (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More