Banga rice is a type of rice made with banga or palm fruits extract. It is a native food of Delta State in Nigeria and is widely eaten all over the country because of its deliciousness. Banga rice is easy to make with just few steps. Below is the best method to make Banga rice.
Ingredients for making banga rice include,
Method of preparing banga rice
1. Parboil the rice and set aside.
2. Cook the palm fruits on medium heat till it is very soft.
3. Crush the palm fruits with mortal and pestle. Add enough water to it, wash and extract the oil from the shaft.
4. Chop the onions and pepper and blend the crayfish.
5. Put the palmfruit extract into a pot with enough water to cover the rice, add the blended pepper and onions, seasoning, salt and banga spice then put it to a boil.
6. Add rice to it and let it cook, when it is almost done, add crayfish to it.
7. Leave for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
Photo credit: YouTube
Banga rice is a very delicious and nutritious meal, it can be eaten with vegetables and other foods like moinmoin, coleslaw and other foods of choice.
Photos credit: Google
Content created and supplied by: Endowedprincess (via Opera News )