Ofada rice sauce has a lot of types and varieties and usually, there's a common way it's been prepared. Ofada pepper sauce the Yoruba style is a little bit quite different from other sauce. As a lot of Pepper (Ata dindin- fried pepper) and lots of palm oil is been used.
1. Hot pepper
2. Red bell pepper (popularly known as Tatashe)
3. Palm oil
Red meats, shaki or cow skin could be used
5. Onions, crayfish, and Eggs
1. Combine pepper and onions in a blender. Blend into a coarse texture not smooth.
2. Pour the blended pepper and Drain out the excess liquid to a bowl
3. Boil the eggs separately
4. Wash, season your meat and put on the fire to precook
5. Set a large pot on medium-high heat, heat up half of the oil. Add in your diced onion stir for few minutes and add your pre-cooked meat. Cook until the meat is browned
6.Add in the blended pepper. Cook for 10 minutes
7. Add your crayfish and seasonings (Maggi and salt) and some water. Cover the pot and leave to cook until oil floats to the top.
8. Decant or skim off any excess oil
9. Don't forget your boil eggs as most people love their eggs soaked up in the pepper sauce.
You can now serve you ofada rice with the deliciously prepared pepper sauce and enjoy.
If you've found this helpful you can do well to share this article so others can learn. Thanks
Content created and supplied by: Kenigwe18 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More