Oven - baked chicken legs are almost impossible to mess up. The dark meat of chicken thighs and drumsticks will stay tender and juicy even if you accidentally overcook them, and the legs are arguably the most flavorful part of the whole chicken.
What Are Chicken Legs?
Chicken legs (aka leg quarters) are an entirely dark meat portion of the chicken that includes the chicken thigh and the chicken drumstick. Chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks sold together as chicken legs are almost always sold skin -on, bone -in.
How to Bake Chicken Legs
Bone -in chicken legs retain moisture, making them flavorful and succulent, but they require a longer cooking time than boneless, skinless thighs or chicken breast. Roast bone - in chicken legs at an oven temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 50 minutes. You'll know the chicken is ready when its internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. There are also a couple cues that the chicken is done: If you insert a knife between the thigh and the drumstick, the juices should run clear; if you wiggle the drumstick, it should feel loose, like it will come away from the thigh easily.
What to Serve With Baked Chicken Legs
Oven -baked chicken legs work well with most side dishes, from salads to grains to roasted veggies.
1) Cup olive Oil
2) Cup Soy Sauce
3) 1 tablespoon lemon juice
4) 1 tablespoon salt
5) 1 tablespoon black pepper
6) 1 tablespoon garlic powder
7) 1 tablespoon onion powder
8) 1 tablespoon paprika
9) 2-4 spoon pound chicken quarters
1) Make the marinade. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Add the chicken legs to the marinade and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or refrigerate up to overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with aluminum foil. Place chicken legs skin side up on the foil lined baking sheet.
3) Bake chicken legs for 40 to 50 minutes until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer or instant read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. For crispy skin, place the chicken under the broiler until the skin is dark brown, about 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven, tent with foil, and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves Prep Time
4-6 min 10 min
Total Times Cook Time
1 hour 20 min 50 min
Content created and supplied by: WorldNews.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More