Ewedu leaf as the Yoruba's call it, Achingbara in Igbo, Rama in Hausa or Jute leaves in English Language all point to the same leaf botanically known as Corchorus Olitorius. It is a green leafy edible vegetable that is prepared into the delicious slimy soup called ewedu.
Jute is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It also contains iron, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, proteins, fibers, Vitamins A, C and E, riboflavin, niacin and folate. These are nutrients that help the body to fight diseases and maintain good health.
Research has shown that the Ewedu leaf has different varieties that possess vitamins and antioxidant that are of immeasurable nutritional and therapeutic value to our body system. These vitamins are crucial in protecting the body from degenerative diseases such as Cancer.
Health Benefits of Ewedu Leaf
- It contains vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from diseases.
- It is known to have skin beautifying agents as they tend to increase the production of collagen, thus keeping the skin firm and beautiful.
- It it a good source of fibre, which makes it helpful in dealing with weight management and may also promote intestinal health by helping with bowel movement.
- Ewedu leafs are also known to help boost immunity and nourish the body system.
- They are often used as a remedy for stomach related conditions such as dysentery and constipation.
- They increase the production of collagen in order to keep the skin firm and smooth.
- It is rich in beta-carotene for good sight.
- It has high calcium content for healthy bones and teeth.
- It boosts the immune system and nourishes the body.
- It has anti-aging properties that keeps ths skin looking smoothe and radiant.
- It lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and is good for heart health and diabetes.
- It can increase sexual Libido and aid fertility.
- It is a blood purifier and laxative.
- It improves eyesight.
- It aids and aids easy delivery in pregnant women.
- It controls infections like gonorrhea
Content created and supplied by: Chris_B (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More