Nigerian Egg Roll is quite different from that of Chinese Egg Roll, though both are made with flour and similar ingredients, they are not entirely the same. So in this article, I will be sharing with you how to easily make Nigerian egg rolls at home.
One thing about egg roll is that it can fill and satisfy your hunger for a long period. It doesn't take much time to make, you only need to get the right measurement. So let's get started.
2 cups of all-purpose flour.
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
½ Tablespoon of Nutmeg
¼ Tablespoon of Salt
9 tbsp of Water
2 tbsp of Butter/ Margarine
2 tbsp of Sugar
5 Large Eggs ( Boiled)
1. In a large bowl, pour in your flour, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix it well.
Add your butter and use your hand to combine it well until it's crumbly.
3. Break your egg into a small bowl and use a fork to beat it, after beating the egg, pour it into the mixture. At this point, you will notice that the flour is dry.
4. Pour in the water little by little, keep mixing while pouring in the water. At this point, your dough should be soft and easy to work, after working for 1-2 minutes, use a cling film or neat cloth to cover it. Allow it to stay for 16-20 minutes.
5. Remove the cling film and work the dough again for about a minute, then cut it into five equal parts.
6. Gently and tightly wrap the egg with the dough, cover it well, and use your hand to smoothen it.
7. By now you should have your oil heated, gently put the egg roll into the oil, and fry on medium heat. Keep turning It until it golden colored.
Your satisfying Nigerian Egg Roll is ready to be served. Enjoy 😋 😋
Content created and supplied by: ChefPKitchen (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More