Oil beans ( ugba) is very nutrienous and nourishes the body , it gives protein and improves healthy skin .
It is called Ukana in Erik
It is called Apara in Yoruba and
It is called Ukpaka in some other parts of Igbo
Oil beans can be prepared in various ways either by making it as a yam sauce , plain ta in and potatoes sauce or you can even prepare it and eat it like that.
Ugba has a unique and appetitive taste .
Look at the simple way I prepare mine .
1. One big size of smoked or dry fish
2. Fresh garden eggs (sliced)
3. One cooking spoon of tatsaha
4. Fresh pepper (sliced)
5. 6 tbsp Palm oil ...or 2 cooking spoon
6. One Bulb Onion Finely chopped or sliced
7. Ground crayfish
8. One cube Seasoning cubes to taste
9. Salt to taste
1.Wash the smoked fish with clean water. Remove the bones and gut, rinse clean and keep aside.
2. Rinse the Ugba 3-4 times with clean water and set aside.
3. Heat the palm oil in a pan.
4. Fry the onion which has been sliced already .
5. Then add the pepper.
Note : Fry a bit till the pepper is properly cooked.
6. Next, add crayfish and seasoning to taste.
7. Add the smoked fish .
8. Add your Ugba, garden eggs and water and cook till the fish and garden eggs are soft. Allow the water to dry up.
8. Your delicious meal is ready.
Finally You can now serve with boiled yams or any other staple dish of your choice.
Comment , click and like
Share with friends
Content created and supplied by: Ceciliausim (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More