After working tirelessly for 5-6 days, we would want to relax and snack on something sweet and crunchy. There is no better low cost snack that you can readily make like your French fries. Below are simple steps on how you can make a crispy French fries at home.
- 5 large Irish Potatoes
- 1 quarter of Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt for Sprinkling
- Ketchup and Mayonnaise for serving
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into ¹/⁴ inch thick sticks lengthwise. Lay the cut pieces and cut them again lengthwise.
2. Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (Note) if you want to make the fries ahead of time, cut them and refrigerate overnight, then make the fries the following day.
3. Bring out the sliced potatoes, drain them and Pat them dry with paper towels. (Note) it's important to dry them well so they can become really crispy as they try.
4. Pour oil into a deep pan and heat it to 325°F (163°C).
5. Divide the slices into 3 parts and fry gradually for 3-4 minutes. If you put all the slices, they will lower the heat if the oil quickly. Fry until they are softened and pale in color.
6. Transfer the fries to a paper towel and Par-fry the remaining batches. *Par fry means that you only partially fry the potatoes. They will soften but won't become completely crispy.
7. After par frying all the slices, heat the oil again up to 375°F (191°C). Then carefully put the fries batch by batch again. Fry them until they are Golden Brown and crispy.
8. Fry the remaining batches until there are Golden Brown and crispy. Transfer them to a paper towel to drain the remaining oil. Sprinkle some salt. Then you can mix your ketchup and Mayonnaise as sauce and serve.
Enjoy your French fries.
Be sure to try this. Hit the like button if you like what you read. Comment and share.
Content created and supplied by: Amore1 (via Opera News )