It’s the Harmattan season, and this is a perfect time to enjoy a plate of spicy pepper soup. So if you are wondering what to have this weekend, one meal that you don’t eat every day but is just perfect for the weather is pepper soup.
There is the Chicken Pepper Soup, Catfish Pepper Soup (popularly known as Point and Kill), Goat Meat Pepper Soup, Cow Foot Pepper Soup and Assorted Beef Pepper Soup. Whichever way you prepare it, you are sure to have an awesome weekend.
Below are the ingredients and directions you need to make pepper soup.
25kg of chicken or goat meat, cut in bite-sized pieces
5 litres of water
2 tablespoons of pepper soup spice mix
1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised and cut into three pieces, tied into small bundles
Two seasoning cubes
Red chilli powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
Teaspoons of ground crayfish (optional)
1. Put the chopped meat in a large pot and cover with some of the water (about 500ml).
2. Add a tablespoon of the spice mix, some salt, two seasoning cubes, some red chilli powder, the crayfish and the lemongrass bundles.
3. Stir and allow to simmer on low heat until the liquid starts to boil.
4. When the liquid is fully boiled, add the remaining 2 litres of water and the rest of the pepper soup spice mix.
5. Allow to cook on medium-low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the meat is soft but isn’t falling off the bone.
6. Serve with boiled plantains and yams and some palm oil, if you like.
Content created and supplied by: Walkonarmour1018 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More