Hey! Have you thought about cooking coconut rice on your own and finds it difficult to cook it? Don't worry, after this article you will be sure to invite and surprise your friends with simply delicious Coconut Rice recipe! This simple combination of coconut, rice and spices brings a rich taste and aroma to the dining table – and will certainly have your friends and family asking for more!
I urge you to follow this simple guide patiently.
What are the ingredients needed?
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
5 green chillies
1 medium green bell pepper; chopped
1 tablespoon of salt
2 seasoning cubes
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 tablespoon ground crayfish
2 large coconuts or 3 cups coconut milk
3 cups long grain rice
1 cup chicken stock
Now that you have the ingredients, let's get our coconut rice ready to eat.
1. Getting you coconut extract (For fresh coconuts):
- Crack it open and separate the softer inner part from the hard shell using a small knife.
- Chop the coconuts into tiny bits
- Blend with a few cups of warm water for about 6 min.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a small sieve and drain the milk. Apply pressure to make sure you squeeze all the milk out. You can add more warm water to the coconut shaft and drain again.
2. Parboil your rice by cooking for about 10 min., then take it off the cooker and run cold water through it. Repeat until the rice cools down. Now place in a colander and drain. Set aside.
3. Heat a pot and add coconut oil to help intensify the flavour. Add onion, chopped pepper, ginger, garlic and all the spices (except crayfish). Saucé for 5 min.
4. Add your pre-made coconut milk and parboiled rice, and then add the chicken stock. Cook for 15–20 min. Make sure you have enough coconut milk so that you can add more to the rice if it dries out.
5. Once the rice is almost done, add the crayfish. Mix it together and allow to simmer.
Hmmm, Yummy!!! Yummy!!!
Please like, share and leave your opinion in the comment section.
Photo credit: google.com
Content created and supplied by: Bravehink (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More