Every Nigerian has heard about afang soup, well, almost every Nigerian. So much African goodness in this soup. I made this soup with goat meat but it can be substituted for beef. Try this recipe and thank me later.
1. Afang/Okazi leaves
2. Water leaf
3. Fresh or Ghana pepper
4. 1½cups crayfish
5. Dry fish
6. Stock fish
7. Seasoning cubes
8. 1½ cups palm oil
9. 4 kilos of goat meat
10. one small onions and salt to tast.
1. wash and season goat meat with onions, seasoning cubes,salt and pepper.
2. Using a mortal pound the thinly sliced Afang leaves.
3. Wash and cut the water leaf
4. Wash the dry fish with salt, breaking off the heads, only the body should be used.
5. Using hot water, soak the stock fish head until it's soft to be broken.
6. in a large pot add water leaf, crayfish, palm oil, meat, and meat stock. allow it to boil
7. add seasoning cubes, salt and pepper to taste.
8. After it's well cooked add Afang leaves, stir and leave for 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot With Fufu/garri
Content created and supplied by: Giftjohn29 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More