Rice is a major food across the globe. I'm this part of the world, there's no one who would say he or she doesn't eat rice. Several families cook rice to celebrate several occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and even during special celebrations like christmas, sallah, new year and easter.
Rice is the most cooked and eaten food in the world. However, there are certain advantages and disadvantages of eating rice that you must know about. I will share them in this post.
1. Rice is a fast source of energy because it contains carbs. Carbs are the main source of your body's fuel. As rice is broken down into sugar and enters your bloodstream, the glucose is transported to your cells to boot up your system.
2. Rice is safe for people that are sensitive to certain foods because it is not allergenic compared to other grains.
3. It is a great source of vitamins and minerals.
4. Rice increases your blood sugar quickly and it can lead to fatigue, cravings and headache.
5. It may reduce your body's ability to absorb other nutrients.
So, is rice healthy?
Content created and supplied by: Specialchild (via Opera News )