Rice is a major food across the globe. I'm this part of the world, there's no one who would say he or she doesn't eat rice. Several families cook rice to celebrate several occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and even during special celebrations like christmas, sallah, new year and easter.
Rice is the most cooked and eaten food in the world. However, there are certain advantages and disadvantages of eating rice that you must know about. I will share them in this post.
1. Rice is a fast source of energy because it contains carbs. Carbs are the main source of your body's fuel. As rice is broken down into sugar and enters your bloodstream, the glucose is transported to your cells to boot up your system.
2. Rice is safe for people that are sensitive to certain foods because it is not allergenic compared to other grains.
3. It is a great source of vitamins and minerals.
4. Rice increases your blood sugar quickly and it can lead to fatigue, cravings and headache.
5. It may reduce your body's ability to absorb other nutrients.
So, is rice healthy?
Content created and supplied by: Specialchild (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More