In this article, I will be sharing with you a simple recipe on how to prepare this delicious Asaro for your kids, or for your family and friends.
The ingredients used in this recipe are not standard. You can customize them to suite your preference and available ingredients.
Without further ado let's get into how to prepare this delicious and healthy Asaro, Yam porridge.
3. Tatashe (red bell peppers).
4. Shombo pepper (fresh cayenne pepper) .
5. Ata rodo (scotch bonnets).
6. 2 medium onions.
7. 1/4 cup ground crayfish.
8. Stock cubes, salt.
9. 1/2 cup palm oil.
10. Meat, meat stock, kpomo, ugu, dry fish, smoked fish, sugar (All of these are optional and only serve to improve on the flavor of the meal).
You can substitute the peppers and fresh tomatoes for some tinned tomatoes and onions, pepper puree.
1. First slice and peel the skin off the yam. Then, cut the cleaned yam into 1-inch cubes and rinse in a bowl of water.
2. Wash the onions and the tomatoes, tatashe, shombo, atarodo and some of the onions.
Transfer into a blender and blend till pureed.
3. Place the cut up yams in a pot, add some cups of water and stock and sugar (if you are using). Place the pot of yam over medium-high heat.
4. Add the tomato and peppers puree, the crayfish, the seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Add the palm oil and some sliced onions.
If you're using meat (previously boiled meat) add it now.
If you're using dry fish (soaked in hot water and de-boned) or stock fish, add it now.
If you're using vegetables, wash and slice them the add them to the pot.
5. Cover the pot and cook the yam till it is very soft and the liquid has reduced greatly. Once the liquid is reduced and the yam is soft enough, use a potato masher or a wooden spoon to mash the pieces of yam, leaving some whole for added texture.
Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring from time to time the take it off the heat and serve.
That's how easy it is to prepare Yam porridge or Asaro.
Thank you so very much for reading. Give me a follow for more. Like and share if you found this useful.
Check out my account for more easy and delicious recipes.
Stay safe and always eat healthy
Content created and supplied by: Mimifood (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More