Every Nigerian chef should be able to prepare this dish. To our culture this dish creates some uniqueness to snails.
This dish is served in classy Nigerian events, parties and is mostly used by Nigerian wives to impress their husbands.
These dish can be prepared by every Nigerians with the easy steps below.
Peppered Snail Recipe
First and foremost these snails need ton washed to prevent slimness in these snails when used to prepare this dish.
Cook time: 45 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
• 1 kg Shelled jumbo snails
• 2 Big onions
• 2 Scotch bonnet peppers
• 1Bell pepper
• 2 Lime or 3 lemon
• 1 Teaspoon of Seafood bouillon powder
• 1 Bay leaf
• Quarter cup of oil
1. In a bowl, pour hot water and the juice of the three limes over the snails to remove the slime covering the snails.
2. Allow for about 10 minutes, used the lime or lemon to rub against the snails to remove the slime. Wash thoroughly with cold water.
3. Slice one of the onions, and one of the scotch bonnet peppers.
4. Put the snails with the sliced onions and scotch bonnet peppers, 1 tsp bouillon, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leaf and 1 cup water in a pot and boil for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes of boiling, set the snail aside.
6. Slice the remaining onion, scotch bonnet, and bell pepper.
7. heat up the oil on medium heat, and saute the sliced onions with low heat.
8. Add the snails, and continue to saute for another 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes your peppered snail is ready.
Content created and supplied by: Peroski2227 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More