Isi ewu is also known as goat head soup. It is mostly prepared and eaten by the indigenous Igbo tribe within Nigeria. The main ingredient for this dish is a goat head.
- Goat head
- Utazi leaf
- Edible potash
- Calabash nutmeg
- Scotch bonnet
- Knorr cubes
- Crayfish (optional)
- Palm oil
- Grinded fresh or dried pepper
- Put the meat into a clean pot and add water. Thereafter, add in your sliced onions and knorr cubes, then, place the pot on the stove so the meat can cook. While the meat is cooking, get your onions sliced into round shapes, your grinded pepper should be ready. if you have a thickener you wish to add into the meal, you could just mix it together with the grinded pepper.
- Now, by this time, the meat should be ready and the stock should be almost dried. Add a pinch of salt and stir evenly. Afterwards, you set that aside.
- The next part is to prepare the sauce for the meat. Now, add the oil into a separate pot, then add the nutmeg, the potash(while adding the potash you need to stir it), add the crayfish, and a bit of the utazi leaf.
- Afterwards, put the cooked meat into the pot where the sauce is done and stir all together, then place on the stove to heat for about 15 seconds and it is ready. Serve in a bowl plate and decorate with the remaining utazi leaf and the sliced round onions and it's ready to eat.
Content created and supplied by: Vinblaze (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More