Have you ever tasted plantain fried with chopped gizzards? If no, relax and read this piece. Gizzards and plantain sauce popularly called 'gizdodo' is a delicious delicacy that originated from developed countries. It is commonly served at social gatherings and many people prepare it during festive season. The preparation method will be shown in this writeup. The ingredients needed for this super food are:
1. Ripe plantain
3. Blended tomatoes and pepper
7. Paprika powder
Photo credit: Parili couture cakes and treats
1. Cut the gizzards into small sizes and set aside.
Photo credit: keevil and keevil
2. Cut the plantain into small sizes and also set aside.
Photo credit: Wikihow
3. Put oil into pan and heat it.
4. Fry the plantain and the chopped gizzards seperately.
5. Add the paprika powder, seasoning and salt to the blended tomatoes and pepper and fry well till it is dry.
6. After frying, remove excess stew from the pan and leave the rest.
7. Add the fried gizzards and stir for 3 minutes, then later add the fried plantain and stir all together.
8. Adjust the stew in the plantain-gizzard mixture by adding more stew in case its not enough and taste for salt.
9. Serve hot. It can be eaten alone or with other foods such as rice, yam etc.
Hope you like the above explanation? There is love in sharing, so do well to share to others that may need it. Don't forget to follow this page for more important food recipes.
Photos credit: Cookpad and reddit
Content created and supplied by: Endowedprincess (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More