Some People like to add Goat meat in this soup because of the unique taste of goat meat but for this recipe we're going with anything Sea food or Fish.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO COOK FISHERMAN SOUP
1) Fresh Fish (You can use tilapia or catfish)
2) Jumbo Shrimps
3) Isam (Periwinkle)
6) Chopped Uziza Leaf
7) Bulb of Onion
9) Cocoyam Paste for thickening
10) cubes Seasoning (Knorr/Maggi) ...to taste
11) Powdered Crayfish
12) Palm Oil
13) Dry Pepper
14) Scotch Bonnet Pepper
HOW TO COOK FISHERMAN SOUP
1) put your Cocoyam in boiling water,cook until it is soft.
2) When the Cocoyam is soft, peel it and pound it until it is very smooth and have turned into paste.
3) In a separate pot, add all the sea food apart from the fresh pieces of crayfish.
4) Season with the scotch bonnet pepper, onion, dry pepper, seasoning cubes and salt.
5) Allow the sea food to boil and cook properly in water.
6) When they're cooked add the fresh pieces of crayfish and the powdered crayfish.
Allow to simmer for few minute.
7) Add the cocoyam paste, stir properly until the cocoyam has dissolved completely.
8) Add your palm oil and Uziza and allow to simmer for a minute.
This is the typical Rivers State fisherman’s soup.
The name fisherman soup alone sound very inviting.
You can't resist this soup looking at it alone and the aroma is good.
Make out time to cook this delicacy.
If you ever think you're going to order this soup or meal from any big eatery or restaurant be sure or prepared to spend real money.
A plate of this meal cost from N1,500 - N8,500 depending on the quantity you may need.
It's best you cook this soup at home and you'll enjoy it all the same.
You can serve with Garri, Pounded yam or any swallow of your choice.
Content created and supplied by: RockstarUfuoma (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More