Self-made popcorn is cheaper and healthier. It's also a lot of fun to make. You only need two ingredients or three if you want to count salt, but that's just a topping.
Among the crunchy, salty, and savory snacks out there, popcorn is one of the tastiest and cheapest snacks. I love that you can make it in under 10 minutes!
Two to three tablespoons of vegetable oil
Half cup of popcorn kernels
Equipment to use
A large pot with tight lid or sauce pan
Stove or gas cooker
Step by step on how to prepare
1. Put your large pot or saucepan on the stove, and wait for it to dry then put the oil.
2. Put about two or three popcorn kernels and wait for them to pop. These will make you know that the oil is hot for you to put the remaining.
3. Add the remaining popcorn kernels and remove the pot from the heat for like one minute. This will make the popcorn kernels to pop without burning the oil much.
4. While the popcorn is popping, cover the pot slightly so that the popcorn will not steam itself and lose crispness.
5. shake the pot.
6. Put the pot back on the heat and lower the heat until popping slow.
7. After about two to three minutes, when the popping slows, remove from the heat.
8. Shake the pot continuously until the popping stops completely.
9. For sweet popcorn, pour half of melted butter over the popcorn, and shake the pot.
10. Take sugar and sprinkle it over the popcorn. Add salt and cover the pot and shake.
You are done!
Content created and supplied by: NnanaMedia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More