Edikaikong Soup Recipe (Edikang Ikong Soup) .
Edikang Ikong Soup is a highly nutritious, delicious and savory vegetable soup natively prepared using 'ugwu' leaves and 'water leaf'. Without taking much time,I would hit the nail on the head.
1. 2 bunches of fluted pumpkin (ugwu)
2. 3 or 2 bunches of water leaf
3. Goat meat
4. Stock fish
6. 1 cup of ground crayfish
7. 2 or 3 large smoked car fish
8. 5 processed cow skin (kpomo)
9. Pepper as required
10. Onions to boil the meat
11. 2 Maggi cubes
12. Salt to give it a taste
Cooking Directions for Edika Ikong Soup
1. Wash the goat meat and boil with chopped onions and ground pepper.
2. The washed and chopped kpomo is added with Maggi cubes for some minutes. It is always advisable to buy soft kpomo from the market as it Cooks faster.
3. Once you notice that the pot boils and the goat meat is no longer red,add the palm oil and cover it. Raw palm oil taste in a vegetable soup is not pleasant,therefore you are required to give the palm oil some minutes to boil.
4. After the oil boils well,then add enough crayfish with the washed smoked fish,taste for salt and cover to cook.
If you have stock fish,you can decide to boil it with your meat.
A. For meat,you can go for male goats because they cook faster than the females
B. Adding your smoked fish early would be crushed by cooking so take note.
C. Wash your Ugwu and water leaf together to allow for proper mixing so don't you don't have to stir the soups much to get an even mix.
D. Always cook vegetable soups in a big pot to avoid spillage from overload.
Do you like 'Edika Ikong' soup and so you find my article helpful,then please don't forget to share,follow me for more like this.
Tell me what you think about these steps.
If you find the article lacking in any aspect tell me that in the comments section below.
Content created and supplied by: Micon101 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More