When it melts in your mouth, it tastes is so good. Men hoard it, kids always want more, women adore it, and for most people, Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without eating it. Wondering what that could be? It is the darling chocolate.
1. The chocolate bar is more than 100 years old. The original chocolate bar was made in England way back in 1842, by the Cadbury Company. This company still exists and is famous for its delicious Easter-themed chocolates treats amongst other different assortments of goodies.
2. Cocoa beans once served as currency. Cocoa beans were so valuable to early Mayans and Aztecs that they used them as currency. The Aztecs could buy a turkey for 100 cocoa beans, a rabbit for four cocoa beans, and so much more.
3. Chocolate is food for the gods. The botanical name of Cocoa, “Theobroma cacao” means food of the gods.
4. A chocolate bar could cost more than an iPhone X. The world’s most expensive chocolate bar is the “Wispa Gold.” It is wrapped in an edible gold leaf and costs a staggering $1,430 per bar.
5. Chocolate prevents heart disease. Eating dark chocolate can decrease the odds of suffering heart disease by over 30 percent. Also, dark chocolate improves blood flow and lower blood pressure. However, overeating chocolate is also bad for health.
6. A chocolate bar could weigh more than an SUV. The world’s biggest chocolate bar weighed 5,792.50 kg. Created by Thorntons PLC, the ingredients used for making this massive bar of chocolate were sugar, milk, butter oil, cocoa butter, emulsifier, and cocoa mass.
7. Africa is the new home of cocoa. Despite its Amazonia roots, nearly 70% of the world’s supply comes from Africa. Cote d’Ivoire is the largest single producers providing about 30% of the world’s cocoa.
8. Making chocolate is hard-work. Eating a bar of chocolate will probably take a few minutes, but making it takes time and require a lot of effort to finish. It takes four hundred beans of Cocoa to produce one pound of chocolate.
Content created and supplied by: @Honeyb (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More