Okpa is a special food that's normally use for breakfast. The english name for okpa is bambara flour pudding, it is one of the food that gives long satisfaction. It's best prepare by Igbo tribe.
In this article I will be showing you steps to prepare okpa.
Ingredients for preparing okpa (bambara flour pudding)
• 4 cups of okpa flour
• 10 tbsp of palm oil
• 2 Tbsp of ground crayfish
• 2 Tbsp of blended pepper
• 3 cubes of seasoning
• slice uziza
• salt to taste
• okpa wrappers ( Nylon, plantain leave or small plastic stainless plate).The plantain leave normal add taste to the okpa.
Method of preparing okpa
1. Sieve the okpa flour into a big bowl, add your grounded crayfish, salt, smashed seasoning cubes and mix.
2. Pour the oil into the mixture and mould with your hands until you achieve unity in yellow colour.
3. Boil the water in a pot. It shouldn't be steaming hot rather lukewarm.
4. Slowly pour the water into the mixture while you knead. The quantity of the water depends on how you want to the end result to be, if very soft add generous amount, if on the fence of soft and hard act accordingly.
5. Add the blended pepper and slice uziza into the mixture and use turning stick to stir not hands. Set aside when ready.
6. Boil water in a pot. Ensure that the water is enough for the wrapped okpa to be completely soak.
7. Wash the leaves and nylon thoroughly.
8. Wrap the okpa into sizes of your choice and place in the pot of steaming water.
9. Allowing for at least an hour and serve hot.
10. Okpa can served with pap or costard.
Source: foodcipees - Jimdo
Content created and supplied by: Optimistic2001 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More