Pleas follow me for more interesting updates.
Afia-Efere popularly called white soup is the Efik version of Ofe-nsala. Afia-efere is usually prepared with fish,meat and chicken. Other ingredients are pepper, crayfish, Aiden fruit (Uyayak),mashed yam,utazi leaf and dry fish. This soup is very delicious and easy to prepare.
Ingredients for preparing Afia-Efere
* 1 big cat fish/Assorted beef/Full chicken
* 1 small yam
* Utazi leaf
* Seasoning cubes
* 1 piece of uyayak
* Dry fish
* Put the cat fish in a bowl and pour hot water in it to remove the slime on the fish
* Rinse the fish with cold water and place in the pot and boil
* Peel,boil and pound the yam for thickening the soup
* Chop the utazi leaf,blend the crayfish and pepper and set aside
* Wash the uyayak
- Put the fish stock in a pot and place on fire
- Add the pepper,crayfish, seasoning cubes, salt and dry fish together, allow to boil
- Add the smashed yam into the boiling mixture, stir continuously to avoid lumps. Add the uyayak to give it flavour.
- Leave for 5-10mins to thicken
- When serving remove the uyayak from the soup. It can be served with pounded yam,semolina and fufu.
Hope this was helpful?
Leave your comment below
Also like and share this article
Content created and supplied by: Etimvictoria (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More