A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen and is great for using up overripe bananas
Softened, plus extra for the tin
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas
50g icing sugar
handful dried banana chips, for decoration
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
1. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
2. Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
3. Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
4. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. If your cake needs longer then keep it in the oven until it is cooked.
5. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
6. Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
7. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips
Content created and supplied by: Rose2 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More