You may have noticed those yellow kernels in your poop and you wonder why there is corn in your stool. Well, corn has a way of staying intact from plate to your poop. It is not because your digestive system is not working but it is because the yellow kernels are hard to break down.
Corn is an especially common culprit for undigested food in stool. This is because corn has an outer shell of a compound called cellulose. Your body doesn't contain enzymes that specifically break down cellulose. However, your body can break down the food components that are inside corn. Therefore, what you see in your stool is not actually the whole corn but the outer shell. This cellulose makes up only about 10% of corn, while the other 90% is useful nutrition.
But if you don't want to see this in your stool there's a way to make corn more digestible and disappear from your poop altogether. You can soak or cook for a longer period to soften the outer shell. Another thing to do is to chew carefully when eating. Chewing corn for longer can also help the digestive system break down cellulose walls to access more of the nutrients. You have to understand that the more you process it and chew it, the easier it is to digest.
Each of these processes mentioned above helps in breaking down those hard to digest fiber molecules a little further.
Though corn kernels in your poo might be odd, they are not bad for your health. In fact, it's a sign you're eating corn in one of its healthiest forms.
The only time to be concerned is when you are seeing the corn in whole and large quantities, which might be a sign of indigestion or a sign that you need to visit your doctor.
Like and follow me to read more related posts. Don't forget to share this post with your friends and family.
Content created and supplied by: IQbooster (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More