These granola bars are chewy and crunchy, sweet, and salty all at the same time and are a great treat for a child’s lunch box or a yummy grown up snack.
Cranberries are a popular super-food that offers a range of health benefits. They are a good source of vitamins and antioxidants. It also prevents obesity, cancer, urinary tract infections and improves digestion.
- 12 bars: limit to one bar/serving
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup golden syrup (check baking aisle of Whole Foods)
- 2/3 cup uncooked steel cut oats (sub in old fashioned oats if you like)
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup suitable nuts and seeds (I used a mix of sliced almonds and sunflower seeds)
1. Line 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper
2. In medium sauce pan, add coconut oil and golden syrup over medium-low heat until oil melts.
3. Add in oats and oat bran stirring for about 5-8 minutes to slightly softened oats.
4. Take off heat and fold in cranberries, nuts and seeds.
5. Place mixture in square pan and top with another piece of parchment paper.
6. Press parchment paper very firmly into pan to create a firmly packed granola bar.
7. Place pan in refrigerator to cool.
8. Cut cooled bars carefully into 12 servings. Store in air tight container in refrigerator and layer parchment paper between bars to prevent them from sticking to each other.
What do you think about this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comment section.
Content created and supplied by: ChocolateMe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More