They also have a narrow, segmented tail, which is often curved forward over the back, ending with a venomous stinger.
In other words, it is a small creature similar to an insect that lives in hot, dry areas of the world, having a long body and a curved tail with a poisonous sting.
Scorpion stings or bites are painful, and they can be fatal, especially in children. They may sting more than once.
The stinger, located at the end of the tail segment, is usually not lost or left in the person's tissue after a sting.
If you are stinged or bitten by a scorpion at home, there is no need to panic.
Below are some of the common home cures, which help to get rid of the poison from your body, and eventually reduce the pain.
1. Mash some onions and apply the paste to the sting site, using a piece of cloth or band aid to hold it in place. Also chew raw onions immediately after the bite.
2. Make a paste of baking soda with water and apply to the sting site.
3. Grate some garlic cloves, and then apply the garlic paste to the affected area.
4. Apply mango leaf sap to the site of the sting.
5. Apply pawpaw fruit latex on the sting area.
6. Grind some alum and make into a paste with water, and then apply to the sting site.
Content created and supplied by: emmaerons64 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More