The bible isn't totally against alcohol,but we are warned to avoid excess alcohol intake. There are instructions from the Bible that guide our usage of alcohol which we are expected to follow and abide in. They are listed below:
1. (Genesis 19:30-38) - Lot was so drunk he did not know what he was doing; this led to immorality
2. Leviticus 10:9-11 - God commanded priests not to drink so that they could tell the difference between the holy and the unholy.
3 Numbers 6:3 - The Nazarites were told to eat or drink nothing from the grape vine.
5 Judges 13:4,7,14- Samson was to be a Nazarite for life. His mother was told not to drink wine or strong drink.
6. 2 Samuel 11:13 - By getting Uriah drunk, David hoped to cover his sin.
7. 1 Kings 16:8-10 - The king was drinking himself into drunkenness when he was assassinated
8. Esther 1:5-12 - The king gave each one all the drinks he wanted. The king was intoxicated when he commanded the queen to come.
9. Psalm 75:8 - The Lord's anger is pictured as mixed wine poured out and drunk by the wicked.
10. Proverbs 23:19-20 - A wise person will not be among the drinkers of alcoholic beverages.
11. Ecclesiastes 2:3 - The king tried everything, including intoxicating drink, to see if it satisfied. It did not. (Ecclesiastes 12:8)
12. Isaiah 5:11-12-Woe to those who get up early to drink and stay up late at night to get drunk.
13. Jeremiah 35:2-14The Rechabites drank no grape juice or intoxicating wine and were blessed.
14. Ezekiel 44:21 - Again God instructed the priests not to drink wine.
15. Daniel 1:5-17 - Daniel refused the king's intoxicating wine and was blessed for it along with his abstaining friends.
17. Hosea 4:11 - Intoxicating wine takes away intelligence.
18. Joel 1:5 - Drunkards awake to see God's judgment.
19. Amos 2:12 - Israel is condemned for forcing Nazarites to drink wine.
no drunkard shall inherit the kingdom of heaven1 COR 6,10.
God Loves You And Stay Safe
Content created and supplied by: Ekeyi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More