Healthy eating is not just about watching your waistline or limiting junk food. It's about putting the right food into your body. Remember you are the custodian of your body and you ought to treat it properly.
So here are some healthy food facts that can get you started on the right part of eating right.
1. Apples are more effective than coffee at waking you up in the morning.
2. Bananas aren't the only fruits with potassium. Avacados have twice the amount of potassium as bananas and are rich in (monounsaturated fat) that is burned easily as energy.
4.Cilantro ( coriander) is good for digestion, a wonderful source of dietary fibre, manganese, iron magnesium, great for the eyes, and it promotes liver function.
5. Onions are great antioxidants, containing anti-allergy, antiviral, and anti-histamine properties. The sulfur compounds found in onions help in detoxifying the body and aid in cellular repair. Maximum health benefits are seen in raw or lightly steamed onions.
6. Parsley is great as a digestive aid. It is also a natural breath freshener and anti-carcinogen . It contains three times the amount of vitamin C as oranges and twice the amount of iron as in spinach.
7. Apples float because they are 25% air.
8. Avacado is a fruit. It also has the highest protein content of any fruit.
9. Only 9% of cabbage is plant matter. The other 91% is water.
10. Honey is considered a food in its own right and also never spoils.
11. There's more sugar in a lemon than in a strawberry.
12. Cherries are actually related to roses.
13. Blackberries and raspberries are not actually berries. They are classified as "aggregate fruits" - fruits that develop from multiple ovaries of a single flower.
14. All parts of an egg is good for you and packed with nutrition.
15. Ninety -six percent of a cucumber is made up of water, and it's water has many potential health benefits, including weight loss, and good skin health. It's an excellent substitute for popular, sugary vitamin waters.
16. Sugary drinks are the most fattening food in the western diet.
17. Fruit juice is really not all that good for you due to its high sugar content ( on par soda).
18. Lastly, The older an egg is, the more it will float in water, if it floats on top, it's bad.
Content created and supplied by: Lilychi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More