Success means different things to different people. For instance, certain people perceive it as wealth, others excellence or peak of one's career, while it can also be considered as fame. The most important thing to note is that, everyone aspires to become successful one day; failure is unpleasant to humans mental health.
People who became successful today have paid a price and also made sacrifices, which finally paid off. The difference between them and Failures is the ability to withstand pressures that stands on their way and to take the 'bull' by the born. Succeeding in life is not a day's job, it requires certain attributes and characteristics and which enable people focus on their goals and not setbacks.
These five attributes are common to people who became excellent, famous and successful in their chosen careers.
1. Passion - there is a difference between doing something one loves and engaging in something because there is no other option. When there is passion for a job or career, money will not be the motivation. A surgeon who loves his job will perceive saving lives as a source of pleasure, not a task. Successful people enjoy what they do, even if they don't get paid for it. This is their most important characteristic.
2. Patience - the ability to persevere is common to people who succeeded in their life endeavors. They believe 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and it takes time and effort to arrive at a given destination. Quitting is never in their 'To-do list' and failure is a step towards success.
3. Discipline - they maintain self-control everywhere they find themselves. A successful person knows when to wake from sleep, has a plan for all his activities and would not involve in things that are unproductive. They have the time for fun, but it won't be when there is work to do.
4. Diligence - successful people work hard, they don't joke with time. Long-term effort and perseverance sets them apart from the ordinary man and also makes them relevant in their chosen fields. Hard work pays, laziness doesn't.
5. Motivation - there is a drive behind their actions, they need to achieve some goals. Most times, it's not about monetary gains, there is more to it. To some of them, it might be fame and to others, it might be to save the World. Whichever the motive might be, it keeps them going.
Although, there are still some attributes common to people who have succeded, these are the most common five.
Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: Arete (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More