Finger Whitlow is a very painful infection that is often caused by herpes simplex virus. It is very common and can lead to inflammation of the affected finger accompanied by terrible pain. A person suffering from finger whitlow can hardly hold thing tightly with the affected hand due to the pain thus making this infection a quite serious infection worth being taken seriously.
In this article, we are going to have a look at some of the home remedies to this infection. If you are suffering from finger whitlow, this article would certainly be helpful to you because we will be treating ways of handling this painful infection at home without having to see a doctor.
What Are The Ways Of Handling This Painful Infection?
1. Apply Cold Compress Several Times; this is actually one way of handling finger whitlow. Just ensure you apply cold Compress several times a day to the affected finger to help reduce swelling and also to ease the terrible pain stemming from it.
2. Cleaning The Affected Area Severally; this is another simple way of handling this infection at home. This is because keeping this wound or infection dirty would only end up worsening the problem, so you need to endeavour to clean it up several times per day, not only to further reduce the effects of the virus but also to prevent other infections from getting into the affected area.
3. Wash Your Hand Regularly; washing your hands regularly would help prevent the virus from spreading to other parts of the body like the eyes and some other fingers. Herpetic whitlow is very contagious and as such there is need to always wash your hands.
4. Avoid touching the blisters: This is an important way to keep the virus from spreading. Never succumb to the temptation to burst the blisters on the affected finger otherwise you would only open the wound to secondary and more serious infections.
5. Using Lemons; this is another way of handling finger whitlow. Just make a hole in the lemon and insert your finger i.e. the affected finger into the hole for about 10 minutes. You need to repeat the process twice daily for the symptoms to subside.
Typically, finger whitlow goes away within 2-4 weeks on its own, so what you have to do is just ensure you don't spread it to other parts of the body or even the eyes or to another person while you keep dressing the wound and eventually, it will be a thing of the past.
Thanks, share and follow the handle for more updates on health issues.
Content created and supplied by: ErickssonDGreat (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More