Some women see their periods twice in a month or sometimes twice in 20 days. This happens at some point of time and it is pretty normal in some cases and there's nothing to worry about.
Periods are related to hormones and sometimes they mess up. Hormones are to be blamed largely but not always. Sometimes this is just an after-effect or overworking while sometimes this could be a signal of an underlying issue.
Here are the possible reasons for getting your periods twice in a month:
1. Stress: Stress largely affects your health. Believe it or not, stress can trigger minor to major health issues and menstruation is one of them.
Most working class women live a stressed-out life. A woman with a hectic schedule and poor lifestyle is highly likely to suffer from irregular menstruation conditions.
Taking a lot of stress is one of the factors however this reason can be ruled out if the double period situation is frequent.
2. Hormonal imbalance: In some women, hormonal imbalance is the reason behind multiple periods.
Thyroid hormone is one of the important hormones in the body. Its imbalance can also trigger multiple periods in a month. You must get your thyroid checked annually.
3. Excess Exercise: Exercising is good, overexercising is bad. When you push your body to produce results beyond the capacity, it would retaliate.
Crash dieting and vigorous exercising are harmful to your body including reproductive health. Giving proper rest to the body is necessary.
4. Infection: Sometimes, it is not menstrual bleeding that you believe to be periods. The bleeding could be due to an internal infection or precancerous growth. Getting checked by your doctor is necessary.
5. Premenopause stage: As a woman reaches the menopausal age, irregularity in periods is often noticed. Sometimes, they may not bleed for 3-4 months whereas sometimes they menstruate twice in a month. If you are approaching menopause, don’t worry. Also, maintain menstrual hygiene and choose the right product.
Content created and supplied by: MatronJcares (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More