Did you know that there are several potential causes of upper left side back pain? Although back pain can be concerning, not all upper back pain is indicative of a severe condition. In this article, we will examine some of the possible causes of upper left side back pain, based on a publication on Healthline.
What Are the Potential Causes of Upper Left Side Back Pain?
1. Poor posture can contribute to upper back pain. Prolonged periods of sitting or standing in a particular position may cause discomfort in the upper back. However, this is one of the more benign causes of upper left side back pain.
2. According to healthline Muscle strain or sprain is another possible cause of pain in the upper back on the left side. It may feel like a burning sensation or pain, but it is usually not severe enough to warrant concern.
3. Osteoarthritis, which involves inflammation of the bones in any part of the body, including the spinal cord, can cause upper left side back pain.
4. Problems with internal organs such as kidney issues, pancreatitis, or inflammation of the pancreas may cause pain that radiates to the upper left side of the back. If you experience unusual pain in the upper back, it is advisable to seek medical attention promptly to determine the underlying cause.
5. A heart attack or an impending heart attack may cause chest pain that spreads to the neck, upper back, and shoulders. If you have a history of heart problems, it is crucial to seek urgent medical attention to avoid sudden collapse.
Content created and supplied by: Newsonly (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More