Ginger is a plant which originated from China. It is a member of the ZINGIBERACEAE family which includes tumeric, cardamom and galangal. The underground part of the stem called the rhizome is often used as spice and for traditional treatment it is usually called Ginger root or simply put Ginger. It is used as traditional or alternative medicine in many parts of the world.
Ginger root contains a compound called gingerol.
Gingerol is a bioactive compound in Ginger which contains it's medicinal properties.
Gingerol serves as anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants
USES OF GINGER
1. Ginger can treat many forms of nausea/common cold/flu etc.
2. Ginger reduces muscle pain caused by exercise and soreness
3. Ginger lowers blood sugar
4. Ginger could help reduce weight
5. Ginger could reduce gastrointestinal irritation
6. Ginger is used as spices in foods
7. Gingerol in fresh ginger helps fight infections
8. The anti-inflammatory properties in Ginger can help treat osteoarthritis
9. Ginger could treat indigestion
10. Ginger lowers cholesterol levels
11. Ginger reduces menstrual pain
12. Ginger prevents cancer
13. Ginger could improve brain function.
Brought to you by Ahuekwe Prince Ugochukwu
Thanks for reading...
Content created and supplied by: ahuekwe_prince_ugochukwu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More