Photo Credit: readsector.com
Some people take sleeping pills to get a good night's sleep. Moveover these pills may help you fall asleep faster in the short term, but they are harmful to your health. Here is what happens when you take sleeping pills
1. If your are taking sleeping pills always you may become physically or emotionally reliant on this sleep medication once you have become accustomed to it. In other words, if you don't take a pill before bed, you won't be able to sleep.
2. Taking sleeping pills causes you to breathe more slowly. That's why asthma patients are told to avoid these medications. In addition, doctors also warn people with respiratory problems should avoid sleeping pills.
3. Sleeping pills can have an effect on your appetite. The disruption of your circadian rhythm caused by taking pills affects all of your metabolic functions, particularly your appetite.
4. Taking sleeping pills with alcohol has a number of negative consequences, one of which is that it is hazardous to one's health and can even result in death! Also, grapefruit juice should not be mixed with sleeping pills.
5. Insomnia, morning headaches, dizziness, fatigue, increased thirst, and weakness are some of the other side effects of sleeping pills.
Photo Credit: nimedhealth.com
6. The person has unusual dreams during induced sleep, such as walking in their sleep, instability, making love, or running on the ground.
Photo Credit: sleepfoundation.org
7. Some strong sleeping pills cause parasomnia as a side effect.
8. When you take powerful sleep medications, your body becomes weak and trembles. Other dangers of taking sleeping pills includes;
• Burning hands, arms, feet, or legs
• Drowsiness during the day
• Mouth or throat dryness
• Mental sluggishness or attention
• Memory issues
• Tenderness or pain in the stomach
• Uncontrollable shaking of the body part
These are many negative effects of sleeping pills. Always seek medical advice before taking sleeping pills and only purchase from reputable pharmacies.
Content created and supplied by: Candy24News (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More