When it comes to bathing with cold water, so many of us avoid it completely unless during the hot weather, which is so normal in Africa, where there is hot sun.
However, bathing with cold water have positive and negative effects on the human body, especially at the time of usage.
Let look at some positive and beneficial effects of bathing cold water below:
1. Help in calming itchy skin
2. Help in making you stay awake
3. Help in increasing blood circulation
4. Help in reducing muscle soreness
5. Help potentially in boosting weight loss
6. Help in glowing hair and skin
1. Having a cold bath, help in calming an itchy skin. If at any point you have itchy skin, or skin conditions that cause your body to itch, cold bath or shower can help you overcome or calm the sensation to scratch in your body.
2. Having a cold shower or bath help your body stay awake in the morning. When a cold water splash hits your body, it usually results in a body shock. This shock in your body increases: oxygen intake, heart rate, and body alertness.
3. Taking a cold bath help in increasing your blood circulation due to this fact expert recommends bathing with cold water most at times.
When cold water touches your body and external limbs, it ignites circulation on the surface of your body. This actually causes the blood in your deeper tissues to circulate at faster rates to maintain normal body temperature.
Also, a cold bath has the positive effect for someone with hypertension or cardiovascular disease, since exposure to cold temperatures triggers the circulatory system causing reduction of inflammation and can also help prevent cardiovascular disease.
4. Having a cold bath can help reduce body muscle soreness after serious workouts, since cold water has regenerative properties. It will help your body muscles relax and repair after a tough workout.
5. Bathing with cold water may help boost weight loss in the body. Actually what happen here is that, some fat cells in the body which are usually situated in the neck and shoulder area, such as the brown fat, generate heat by burning fat.
This actually takes place when your body is exposed to cold conditions like having a cold bath.
6. Cold bath also give your skin, and hair a healthy glow. Cold water tightens and constricts the blood flow which gives your skin a healthier glow.
Although, scientific research is limited in this area, but the effect cold water has on your skin, and hair, anecdotal evidence points to positive effects.
The Negative aspects of cold bath:
1. Taking a cold shower might not be a good idea if you are cold or in a cold weather, since the cold temperature will not help warm you in any way.
This might actually make you feel colder and increase the amount of time it will take for your body to warm up.
2. Taking a cold bath may also not be a good idea if you are sick. Initially, the cold temperature might be too hard on a sick person immune system, so, it’s best to ease into the cooler temperatures.
If you happen to be the kind of person who is convinced, that a cold shower or bath is totally out of the question, you might want to rethink your ideology on that, because of the benefits that come with taking a cold bath.
Thanks for reading this article.
Share, like and comment your opinions using the comments section. Follow @realomokaro for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Defreed (via Opera News )