Stomach ulcer is a painful medical condition that occurs when a sore develops in the walls of the stomach. Stomach ulcers is mainly caused by two thing, the first is the consistent and prolonged intake of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and the second cause is the H pylori bacteria.
The pain caused by stomach ulcer can be mild, moderate or severe. Stomach ulcers can be triggered by a lot of things one of which is food.
However, there are certain foods that can help to calm stomach ulcers and prevent the sores form opening or, causing pain and discomfort.
Here Are Five Top Nigerian Foods That Are Good For People Who Have Stomach Ulcers
1. Pap: pap is a very popular semi solid food popularly refered to as 'Akamu'. Pap is consumed by people of all ages and one the most popular grain used in making pap is corn.
Although, it is not yet scientifically proven, many people have testified to the fact that, taking pap relieves they ulcer. Pap is particularly effective if it is combined with original honey.
2. Wheat And Nigerian Soups: wheat is another healthy grain that has been proven to be suitable for stomach ulcer patients. Wheat is one of the grains that are cultivated in Nigeria which makes finding it an easy task.
You can consume wheat in different forms like, wheat bread or, you can grind it and use it to make fufu. Nigerian soups like eguisi, ogbono, groundnut soup, Banga soup etc are also very suitable for stomach ulcer patients.
3. Unripe Plantain: aside from the fact that, unripe plantains are packed with essential nutritents like iron, calcium, potassium etc, they are also a very good food for people who suffer form stomach ulcers.
Also, unripe plantain is suitable for people if all ages. Unripe plaintain can be prepared in various ways such as porridge, pounded plaintain, plaintain flour etc.
4. Moi Moi: moi is one of the most popular local foods in Nigeria. Moi moi is a by-product of beans which means it is highly nutritious. Many ulcer patients do not eat beans because, it can trigger heart burn and acid refluxes for them however, moi moi does not trigger any negative reaction.
Moi moi is easy to digest and can be consumed with other stomach ulcer soothing foods like, pap.
Image: Sisi Jemimah
5. Okra: okra is not just a popular Nigerian food, it is also a relatively cheap food that many families whose income are below average can afford.
Okra is a very good food for people with stomach ulcer as it does not just calm stomach ulcers it also, improves the gastrointestinal health by promoting easy digestion, preventing constipation and neutralizing acids.
Vegetables, eggs, fish, Greek yoghurt are also very good foods for stomach ulcer patients.
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More