There are many types of foods in the market today. Some of these foods have little or, no nutrition while there are foods that are packed with so much nutrients that eating them regularly can provide people with nutrients from all the six classes of food.
Nutrients according to Merriem Webster dictionary, nutrients are furnishing nourishment which we derive from foods and drinks. Eating foods that are highly nutritious is very important and good for our health because, such foods are packed with all sorts of nutrients ranging from protein to antioxidants and so on.
Nutritious foods are particularly good for a certain category of people like; children, older people and people who have food sensitive diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol. Eating foods that are packed with nutrients helps people to live a long and healthy life.
Image: Istock Photos
Here Are Five (5) Nutrient-Rich Food You Should Eat Regularly In Other To Live A long And Healthy Life
1. Sweet Potatoes: many people donot appreciate sweet potatoes probably because, they assume that it's sweet taste makes it bad for the health. Sweet potatoes are one of the most nutritious foods that exist and it is suitable for people of all ages.
Mashed sweet potatoes are recommended for toddlers who are old enough to eat semi solid foods. One of the benefits of sweet potatoes is it's ability to regulate blood sugar.
Image: Inside Africa
2. Beans: this is another underappreciated food. Beans is a popular food that is found all over Nigeria. There are many species of beans some of which includes; white beans, brown bean, iron beans, kidney beans etc. Many people do not like eating beans.
If you are one the people who hates eating beans then you can use it to make moi moi instead. Beans are a very rich source of protein, fiber, iron etc and it is suitable for people of all ages.
3. Greek Yogurt: there are many types and brands of yogurt in the market but as far as nutrients are concerned, the best yoghurt is, Greek yogurt.
Greek yogurt donot contain fats or sugar however, they are very rich in several nutrients. Greek yogurt also contains probiotics which makes it a promoter of digestive health.
Image: Yummy Ph
4. Fish: it is no secret that fish are highly nutritious and some nutritionists and dieticians usually advise older people to eat fish Instead of meat.
Fishes especially, oily fishes are an embodiment of nutrients. People of all ages can consumed fish. Salmon, mackerel, tuna etc are some of the most nutritious fishes that are highly recommended.
Image: Istock Photos
5. Soya Beans: soya beans is a flexible food which means, it can be used in several ways. Soya beans can be used to make soya milk, it can also be grinded and used to drink tea, pap or to bake.
NOTE: avoid frying your sweat potatoes, boiling it is the best way to derive nutrients from it.
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More