Our mental well-being and fitness are just as important as our physical well-being. We need both our physical and mental well-being to be at par with others for us to enjoy and thrive in life. They both work hand in hand to help sustain us and help us lead a profitable life. When they say that our health is our wealth.
This is not exclusive to our physical well-being alone; it also includes our mental health. Your mental health is important. Your mental state controls your consciousness and your body's functions. Stress, grief, and depression are all examples of negative effects on your mental health. Some studies have shown that serious mental illness can shorten your life. This is why we must care for our mental health as much as we do with other areas of our life.
Below are eight tips to improve our mental health.
1. Stress Management-learn to manage stress and also learn to focus on the positive things in your life. You can learn to plan your schedule, day, week so you can properly navigate all the things you need to do and ways to resolve or accomplish them.
2. Avoid smoking and drugs. Avoid hard drugs, smoking, and drinking. Do not abuse any drugs that are prescribed to you. The disadvantages of all these vices outweigh any momentary pleasure you get from them.
Learn a new skill-pick up a realistic new skill, and take time to learn it.
Sleep-Do not deprive yourself of sleep. Get enough sleep. There is an appropriate amount of sleep an adult is expected to sleep every day. This is about 7 to 8 hours, every day.
4. Eat healthily-eat a healthy, balanced meal. What you eat affects your body.
5. Exercise-regular exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes can go a long way in improving your mind.
6. Socialize-interact with other people. Learn to interact with family, friends, and strangers.
7. Laugh-learn to laugh more and do things that make you happy.
Content created and supplied by: Dr.Ayo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More