High blood pressure or hypertension is one of the most common diseases from around the world, following the statistics of people that are diagnosed of this condition every year.
Source: Medical News Today
High Blood pressure is the force of your blood pushing against the wall of your arteries as described in this following link.
Unfortunately, it can bring about other life threatening conditions such as heart failure, stroke, kidney disease and heart attack. Coupled with now a new discovery shows that hypertension increases the risk of dying from coronavirus by two folds, hence, should be prevented.
Therefore, we have curated in this article 7 simple ways to stay free from this common disease.
This is because, there are some habits that can actually increase one's risk of suffering high blood pressure if extreme care is not taken, except for age and family history.
See them as follows;
1. Avoid smoking of cigarettes as it hugely contributes to this condition.
2. Manage stress by meditating, engaging in things you love to do and spend quality time with your loved ones.
3. Regular medical check up especially for people with cases of family history is recommended.
Plus that this condition has no obvious signs except when it has aggravated other conditions.
4. Moderate consumption of salt is highly adviced. Rather it is safer to eat foods that are high in potassium. Example of such includes bannana, cuccumber, sweet potatoes, oranges, grapefruit etc.
5. Maintain a healthy weight as it helps to control your blood pressure which can bring about overweight or obesity.
6. Moderate intake of alcohol is important, since excess of it does not only raise BP, but add extra calories to the body which can enhance weight gain.
7. Eat foods that are low in fats and high in nutrient contents. Example of such includes fruits, veggies, whole grains, fish and many more.
8. Effective aerobic exercises for atleast 5 times in a week lowers high blood pressure. Walking is highly recommended for the heart.
Content created and supplied by: Chiroxy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More