Besides the fact that watermelon is very enjoyable fruit that helps you stay hydrated, it is also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Eating watermelon is very beneficial because it contains some compounds that helps in enhancing heart health as well as reduce chances of having cancer. And this is why many of us, including kids and adults, love eating it. However, just like most fruits, buying a perfect watermelon at the market can be a very difficult task. There are times when one-third, or even half of the whole water melon is bad. Well, I would like to inform you that you don't have to worry about that anymore as this article highlights key signs to look at for when buying a healthy watermelon.
So, below is a compilation of seven(7) important signs to look out for if you want to buy a perfect watermelon. Read And Enjoy.
What you should be super-attentive to :
1. If it makes an hollow sound when you tap it.
2. Check if the stem is dry.
3. Check if it's large but not heavy.
4. Check if it has no cracks on the surface.
5. If it doesn't have any cracks, squeeze it to see if it cracks. If it cracks, it's okay.
6. The stripes of the watermelon should be clearly seen.
7. The surface of the watermelon should be shiny and bright (not dull).
In conclusion, below are two points worth noting;
✓ Did you know that watermelon have have a granular surface?
✓ The presence of yellowish fibers of the surface may be an indication that it has nitrates.
Thanks for reading.
So, have you been watching out for this signs before now? Please share your thoughts in the comment section.
Don't forget to follow like and share this article with family and friends.
Content created and supplied by: KUNOYnews (via Opera News )