Women are easily prone to infertility situation and this is a result of so many factors, ranging from personal hygiene practices, medical conditions and personal habits.
Although, with advancement in technology, infertility issues is lowering every day, but the need to create awareness and educate others about these issues are a necessity, to the public.
One major common causes of infertility in woman is Sexual Transmitted Diseases or Infections (STDs or STIs).
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or sexually transmitted infections are passed through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact.
The major female symptoms of an STD can include; vaginal itching, rashes, unusual discharge, pain, etc. Although, many STDs display no symptoms at all and if left untreated, it can lead to fertility problems and an increased risk of cervical cancer.
Some of the most common STDs in women include: human papillomavirus (HPV), gonorrhea, chlamydia, genital herpes etc.
Common symptoms of STDs
When a woman is infected, some common signs and symptoms occur, at this stage women should be aware of possible STD symptoms, so that, they can seek medical advice if necessary.
1. Changes in urination: When experiencing sudden changes in your urination, that could be a sign of an STD. An STI or STD can be known by pain or a burning sensation whenever you urinate, frequently need of urination, or the presence of blood in the urine.
2. Abnormal vaginal discharge: Yeast infections always causes vaginal discharge in women. Thick, white discharge can be an indication of a yeast infection, but when is yellow or green, it might indicate gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
3. Itching in the vaginal area: Itching may or may not be related to STDs or STIs but it is never ruled out of the equation. Sex-related causes for vaginal itching may includes: allergic reaction to a latex condom, yeast infection, pubic lice or scabies, genital warts, etc
4. Pain during sex: This symptom is often overlooked, but abdominal or pelvic pain can be a sign of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
NB: PID is the most commonly caused by an advanced stage of infection with chlamydia or gonorrhea.
5. Abnormal bleeding: Abnormal bleeding is another possible sign of PID or other reproductive problems from an STD.
6. Rashes or sores: Sores or tiny pimples around the mouth or vagina can indicate herpes, HPV, or syphilis.
Risk factors for female infertility includes: increasing age, smoking cigarettes, heavy use of alcohol, being overweight, obese, or significantly underweight etc
NB: WHENEVER YOU ARE FACED WITH PROBLEMS LIKE THIS ALWAYS VISIT A DOCTOR.
THANKS FOR READING THIS ARTICLE.
Share, like and comment your opinions using the comments section. Follow @realomokaro for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Defreed (via Opera News )