Healthline's article suggests taking preventative measures to protect your eyesight if you experience any of these symptoms. Check them out below.
1. Consistent difficulty seeing clearly may indicate a progressive loss of eyesight, so it's important to watch out for this issue. Blurred vision is one of the first signs of an eye infection, and sudden blurriness may indicate nearsightedness or another eye condition, according to studies.
2. Sensitivity to light may be a sign of a serious issue with the eyes and could indicate possible eyesight loss.
3. According to healthline Several eye diseases and conditions may start with extreme eye pain. It's essential to seek medical attention immediately if you experience significant eye discomfort to reduce the risk of permanent eye damage or blindness.
4. The sudden appearance of haloes around lights is a visual emergency that requires immediate attention. If you've seen haloes or rainbow-colored lines or circles after staring at lights, you may have an eye condition or problem that could cause permanent blindness, according to studies.
If you notice any blurring in your vision, it may be a sign of a more significant problem with your eyes, and it's best to undergo a glucose level test to rule out high blood sugar as the cause. Studies have shown that untreated high blood sugar can cause a variety of eye problems, including blindness.
After calculating your blood sugar level, the next step is to contact an ophthalmologist or eye specialist. You should get an eye checkup so that a doctor can diagnose any eye problems and start therapy, if necessary. It's also important to:
1. Increase your intake of beta-carotene-rich foods like carrots, which are beneficial for your eyes.
2. Avoid staring at your phone or TV for extended periods if possible.
3. Stay well hydrated throughout the day.
Content created and supplied by: Chinamere (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More