Garlics are among the oldest foods on the globe. Natives to central Asia, garlic is one of the most cultivated plants in the world and has been grown for over 5000 years. Garlic is a species in the onion genus, Allium. Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, chive, and Chinese onion.
Garlic’s benefit to the human body are numerous and healing. Few of its healing powers are outlined below;
1. Garlic is a wonderful seasoning to add aroma, taste and added nutrient to your dish. It contains magnesium, vitamin B complex, B1, copper, phosphorus calcium, selenium, etc. for body growth, repairs and defence.
2. Garlic naturally reduces one’s blood pressure, without any side effect like modern drugs.
3. It is a powerful detoxifier to the body. Thus it contains X sulphure-c0ntaining compounds, garlic is able to sttimulate liver enzymes, responsible for removing toxins from the body. This is in addition to the allicin and selenium content of garlic, which are two vital nutrients also assist the lever in fighting off toxic elements of the body.
4. It melts blood clots, tumours, harmful fats, (reduces harmful cholesterol). Also it helps purifies the blood and helps in blood circulation.
5. Garlic is very easy (and delicious) to include in your current diet.
It complements most savory dishes, particularly soups and sauces. The strong taste of garlic can also add a punch to otherwise bland recipes.
Garlic comes in several forms, from whole cloves and smooth pastes to powders and supplements like garlic extract and garlic oil.
Kindly share this article with your family and friends. Leave your comment in the comment section below as well.
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More